MAFA is a network in which anti-fascists from all over the Greater Manchester area join together to oppose fascism physically and ideologically in all it’s forms via direct action, information sharing and movement building activities. The main principles of MAFA which sets it apart from other similar groups are listed below.
* GRASS ROOTS ACTIVISM – Parachuting in loads of students then disappearing does not solve anything. We need to get active and visible in our communities regularly, not just in the run up to elections. Get in touch – there are roles for everyone. If we all get involved we can make Manchester fash-free again.
* REAL DEMOCRACY – Anyone who agrees with our principles can become involved. Consensus rather that committee.
* AFFILIATED TO A NETWORK IN A FEDERAL STRUCTURE – Having a top-down structure stifles enthusiasm and spontaneity. It also means infiltration by either the state or political enemies can be catastrophic, hence the pantomime UAF has become, its leaders bent over a barrel by the police.
* NO CLAIMING FALSE VICTORIES – A willingness to state what is, and self-criticism is vital if we are to learn from the errors of the past.
* NO COLLABORATING WITH POLICE / STATE / BOURGEOIS POLITICIANS OR REACTIONARY CONSERVATIVE FUNDAMENTALIST GROUPS – No hypocrisy, no contradicting principles.
* FIGHT FOR WORKERS’ RIGHTS – Pro-working class, not just anti-fascist. Making people realise who their real enemies and oppressors are.
* COMBAT RACISM OPPRESSION & FASCISM IDEOLOGICALLY AND IN THE STREETS – A two-pronged offensive. Long term: Community work, hearts & minds. Short term: Defend what needs defending. Disrupt what needs disrupting. Resist what needs resisting. Offer alternatives to the misguided.
We work with many organizations all over the world, including as far as the United States. We receive support from many independent organizations too – such as InversionTableLife.com (Inversion Table Reviews on the best inversion tables), Anti Fascist Network and the UAF.